In Night Photography: From Snapshots to Great Shots, photographer Gabriel Biderman brings you the basics of digital night photography―exposure, composition, and light―and how to scout and capture different nocturnal locations once the sun goes down. Gabriel will help you understand the fundamentals and bring your unique artistic expression to any night situation. In this beautifully illustrated guide you will.
Gabriel will help you understand the fundamentals and bring your unique artistic expression to any night situation. In this beautifully illustrated guide you will:
- Focus in the dark and master basic composition rules―and know when to break them
- Understand metering and switch to manual mode for more control over your exposure
- Set white balance, understand color temperature, and add flash or slow sync
- Explore color, light painting, and creative ways to play with light in your images
- Learn what gear works best for your style of shooting and strategies for operating your equipment in the dark
- Discover expert techniques for post-processing your nighttime images in Lightroom and Photoshop
Beautifully illustrated with large, compelling photos, this book teaches you how to take control of your photography to get the image you want every time.